In order to create a one of a kind class reunion memory book, you will need to have classmates fill out a questionnaire. This form should have detailed questions about their past, and present information.
Below, you will find a sample letter and a set of questions to ask in a memory book survey. In addition, we have created a free download with questions you should be asking when creating your own memory book.
Here is the downloadable version of the sample questions for a class reunion memory book.
While it may seem like just a moment ago, it has been quite a number of years since we took that fateful walk to the podium to receive our diplomas. It’s been a while since we last met the very people we could not live without.
Since graduation, we have all done a lot of living and we would like to get some information from you so we can share your whereabouts with everyone. We hope you feel comfortable sharing the life you’ve led as we are eager to see how things turned out for everyone.
The answers you provide will be used to create a memory book for our class. The questions are very detailed and we hope you feel comfortable enough to provide detailed answers. The more information we have, the better a memory book we can create for everyone.
The memory book will be a collaborative effort that promises to be fun and engaging. Our hope in creating it is that you will want to look through it for years to come (Or at least till the next class reunion).
Once complete, the memory book will be available for purchase at Blurb.com for $39.99. You can view the final version online (We will provide a link when it’s ready) for free.
Before you provide any information, here are some details you should know:
Your information will be used in the memory book so do not put anything in the answers below that you are not comfortable with.
The reunion book will be available online and anyone can purchase it.
Even if you do not end up attending the class reunion, you can purchase it online.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me in the message boards on the class reunion website. I check in at least once a day and answer any questions. Also, if you would like to volunteer in creating the memory book, please let me know and I will reach out to you via email.
Sample Questions For Memory Book
The questions below are detailed and may be too many for one survey. Instead of using all of them, try selecting around twenty that best suit your needs.
- What have you been up to since graduation?
- What are your hobbies? What do you end up doing in your spare time?
- Have you ever been honored for anything?
- Any personal experiences you would like to share?
- Name the places you have lived
- Where do you currently live?
- How long have you lived there?
- How did you end up living there?
- What are your plans for the next decade?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are your favorite movies?
- Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- What are your favorite TV shows?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite snack?
- What is your favorite beverage?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Who is your favorite musical group?
- What is your favorite season?
- What sports do you watch/follow?
- What is your favorite team?
- What were the difficult times of your life?
- Military? Years of Service?
- What occupation would you choose if money and time was not an issue?
- When I retire I will____________________________
- What degrees have you obtained? Any other education after graduation?
- What was your first paying job after graduation?
- Current employer and title
- How long have you been in your current position?
- What are your memberships and associations?
- What did you want to be in high school, and are you now doing it?
- Are You Married?
- Spouse/Significant other’s name and occupation?
- Do You Have Children? Names/ages?
- What do they do that makes you proud?
- What funny stories do you have about your children?
- What are your parents doing now?
- Any interesting things you would like to mention about the family?
- When did you get married?
- Where did you get married?
- Where did you go on your honeymoon?
- What is your spouse’s name?
- What does your spouse do?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- Have you divorced? Remarried?
School Memories You Would Like To Share
- What was the dumbest thing you did in high school, and did you have fun doing it?
- Favorite song in High School?
- What is your most vivid memory from your years at school?
- Which professors/teachers influenced your life and made a lasting impression? Why?
- Did you have a best friend in school?
- Did you have an arch enemy at school?
- Who did you go to the prom with?
- Did you participate in any of the school plays?
- What was the funniest moment?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Is there something you wanted to do in high school but never did?
- Which classmate influenced you the most?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- What was your favorite class?
- What did you have for a typical lunch?
- Did you have a nickname in high school?
- Did you have a secret crush on anyone?
- What car did you drive?
- What was your favorite vacation? Have you traveled overseas?
- What vacations do you have planned for next year?
- Where would you like to travel in the future?
We have deliberately provided more questions than you can use in one memory book questionnaire. Simple copy/paste the questions that would work for you and create your own memory book survey. Lastly, if you need help with creating a memory book, read our article “How To Select A Memory Book Creator”.
What should you read next?
Read more about creating a memory book for your class reunion. We have a series of articles on how to create a memory book, and what vendors provide some great products to help you make the best memento for your event.