If you have planned a family reunion before, then you already know how important it is to get group hotel rates from several hotels.
Our website specializes in getting the lowest group rates for hotels for your next family reunion.
However, getting great group hotel rates may just be half the battle.
Depending on the size of your family reunion, you may need to inspect several hotels before deciding on one and the list below should help you narrow your choices. Before you narrow down your choices to the final three, make sure the hotels are close to the activities that you have planned and are within your budget.
Here is a checklist that you should use when deciding on a hotel for your reunion. It’s completely free.
Questions To Ask:
1. How much total banquet space do you have?
2. How many different meeting rooms do you have and what are their individual sizes?
3. Do the meeting rooms have free wifi?
4. Will you get a discounted rate on food and beverage or at least a food and beverage credit if your family reunion members take up a certain amount of rooms?
5. Does the hotel offer suites to the family reunion planner?
6. Can the family reunion planner or the organization itself get points for every dollar spent at the hotel?
7. What kind of Audio Visual equipment is available? Is there support staff on hand to help if something goes wrong?
8. Can you bring your own Audio Visual equipment?
9. Can you bring your own snack and beverages (A lot of hotel s will give you a hospitality suite to pack snacks and beverages into)
10. Will the hotel offer a free hospitality suite (This is generally a smaller meeting room that family members can congregate in during down time or in the middle of events). A big plus goes to the hotel that offers this.
11. No walk clause. If the hotel is sold out
Things To Watch For
1. Size of the registration area
2. Cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms
3. Cleanliness of the hallways, lobby, and meeting rooms.
4. TripAdvisor Rating
5. Are employees helpful
Amenities Offered By The Hotel
1. Is the breakfast free?
2. How many rooms do they have with two beds?
3. Are there any 1 or 2 bedroom suites?
4. How many connecting rooms do they have?
5. Can family reunion members be blocked in the same part of the hotel?
6. Free shuttle service?
7. Is the breakfast continental or full?
8. Video games in room (keeps the kids busy) or at least a game room on property
9. Safe Deposit Box (Valuables you may wear to a banquet should be stored here)
10. Free Internet
11. In room microwave and fridge
12. Make up mirror (Not a necessity but a definite plus, if available)
13. Is there room service available?
14. How many handicap accessible rooms are there in the hotel?
15. Is there a pool? Indoor or outdoor?
16. Adequate number of ice machines
17. Is parking free? Convenient?
The checklist above should serve as a great guide to selecting the hotel where your family reunion members will be most comfortable.
What should you do next?
Since you’re looking for a hotel for a family reunion, learn more about how to block rooms.